Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software

COVID-19: cover for medical expenses abroad and cancellation if you test positive: Find out more

Medical Condition FAQs

The following frequently asked questions are only applicable to our pre-existing medical condition policies, beginning with policy number OKEIG/.

Am I covered for medical expenses abroad if I test positive for COVID-19?


Yes, all It's So Easy policies include cover for emergency medical expenses which includes those associated with COVID-19 whilst abroad.


Who is eligable to purchase cover with It's So Easy Travel Insurance?


Pre-existing medical condition policies are only available to permanent UK residents who are registered with a GP in the UK. Cover is not available to residents of the Channel Islands or IOM.


Do you cover cruises?


OK To Travel policies cover cruises as standard. If you require additional cruise cover benefits such as cabin confinement and missed port departure, you'll need to add the cruise extension during the quote journey. This optional cover is available on annual multi-trip policies or single trips up to 31 days in duration.


Who underwrites your pre-existing medical condition policies?


Our pre-existing medical condition policies, issued on behalf of OK To Travel, are underwritten by Insurance Company ‘Euroins’ AD authorised and regulated by the Bulgarian Financial Supervision Commission. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.


Who is eligable to buy a policy with It's So Easy Travel Insurance?


Our policies are available to you if you are permanently resident in the United Kingdom (UK) and registered with a general practitioner (GP) in the UK.


Do I need to declare all of my pre-existing medical conditions?


Yes. In order for your cover to remain valid, you need to declare any pre-existing medical condition that falls within our declaration questions. If you fail to disclose relevant medical information then you may not be fully covered in the event of a claim.


Do you need to know the names of my prescription medication?


We do not need the names of the medication or the dosage, only the condition that the medication is prescribed to treat or prevent.


Am I covered for cancellation if the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advise against all or all but essential travel?


Our policies do not cover cancellation due to FCDO or government travel advice. If you booked a package holiday via a Travel Agent or Tour Operator then the trip is considered as packaged and trips cancelled due to FCDO advice would therefore fall within the remit of Package Travel Regulations and be eligible for a refund from your travel organiser.


Do you cover cancellation due to COVID-19?


There is no cancellation benefit on our Standard cover level.


03/03/2022: Premier, Premier Extra and Premier Plus purchased from 03/03/2022 include cancellation cover if you, your travel companion, or any person you have arranged to stay with during your trip receives a diagnosis of coronavirus within 14 days of the start of your trip or in the case of being admitted to hospital due to coronavirus within 28 days of the start date of your trip. 


17/01/2022 - 02/03/2022: If your policy was purchased between 17/01/2022 and 02/03/2022 the following exclusion will apply as per your policy wording: coronavirus related claims for trip cancellation arising within 15 days of purchasing your policy will not be covered unless the insurance is purchased on the same date as the trip is booked.


There is no cover under our policies for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advises you not to travel, for example where the FCDO advise against all but essential travel to an area affected by Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2) or any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2.


If the FCDO has advised against all or all but essential travel, you should contact your travel provider. In this situation they have an obligation to provide you with a full refund or alternative holiday. If you are not due to travel for a few months your tour operator may choose to wait to see if anything changes before offering you a refund or alternative arrangements.


Should I wait until my treatment is finished before applying for travel insurance?


Applying for travel insurance once you have finished treatment could, in some circumstances, reduce the premium and make the cover easier to obtain. However, if you need the cover to start whilst you are still receiving treatment because you have a holiday booked and need cover for cancellation, you will need to declare the treatment and we will quote accordingly.


Am I covered for hazardous activities?


Our pre-existing medical condition policies have a single activity pack, covered as standard at no additional charge. Winter sports cover is available for an additional premium. Please see the applicable policy wording for more information or call us to discuss your requirements.


Do you cover cancellation and curtailment?


We offer four levels of cover with cancellation and curtailment ranging from 0 to £5,000 per person.


Do you cover one way trips?


Our pre-existing medical condition policy is not available for one way trips. Your trip must start and end in the UK. View our One Way Trip product for a more suitable policy.


Can I extend my cover if I decide to stay longer?


It may be possible to extend your policy once you are away but only up to the maximum trip duration that we allow (184 days for single trips and 31 days for annual multi-trips) and providing your insurance has not already expired. We cannot issue a new policy after you've started the trip. If you want extended cover, please contact us by telephone quoting your policy number.


What is the maximum trip length?


Our pre-existing medical condition policy is available for trips up to 184 days in duration depending on age.


How do I change an existing policy?


If you need to amend your policy because you have noticed a problem or error with your documents, want to amend the name of an insured person, add a new person to the policy, purchase an additional cover option or tell us about a change in your health or medication, please contact us by telephone so we can update our records and arrange to send your amended documentation by post or email.


How do I renew my annual multi-trip cover?


We will send you a renewal letter in the post to let you know that your annual travel insurance is about to expire. None of our policies are automatically renewed. You can renew online or by calling our UK based call centre. Due to the nature of our medical condition policies, we will be required to recap some questions and medical details.


Can you insure a child under 18 on their own policy?


Children under 18 must have at least one named adult on the policy. The child is covered providing he or she is travelling with at least one of these adults.