Long stay travel insurance
If you're planning a longer trip, our travel insurance policy can cover you up to 365 days and up to the age of 79.
This is a comprehensive travel insurance policy with two cover levels available. The benefits include cover for cancellation, curtailment, emergency medical expenses, loss of baggage and much more. You can choose additional options such as winter sports, hazardous sports and an excess waiver to remove the excess payable on claims.
There are certain conditions and criteria applicable to this policy which are detailed below. Before making your purchase, please ensure you have read, understood and accept them.
Here are the conditions and criteria for this policy:
Please see our policy wording for further information.
- You must be a UK passport holder and have unrestricted entry to the United Kingdom.
- Your main residential address must be in the United Kingdom
- Your trip must start and end in the United Kingdom.
- You must be eligible for treatment under the National Health Service and be registered with a GP in the United Kingdom.
- If repatriation is medically necessary, this will be to the United Kingdom.
- We cover more than 50 medical conditions automatically without additional charge.
- Any pre-existing medical conditions not automatically covered can now be included subject to our online medical questionnaire.
- The policy will not provide cover if any of the following apply to you, a travelling companion, an immediate relative, close business associate or someone upon whom your trip depends (whether they are travelling with you or not):
- You/they were aware of any reason why a trip could be cancelled or curtailed .
- You/they were travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner or in order to get medical treatment abroad
- You/they have been diagnosed as having a terminal illness.
- You/they were receiving, recovering from, or on a waiting list for inpatient treatment in a hospital or nursing home.