One way trip travel insurance
Whilst many insurers may decline cover with no return trip planned, we have developed a specialist travel insurance policy to cover you for a one way trip.
If you are travelling from the UK with no intention to return, or no planned return flight, we can issue a policy which expires once you have reached your final destination. Perhaps you are leaving the UK to live abroad with several stopovers and want to ensure you are adequately covered.
There are some conditions and criteria that you need to meet before we can offer cover and these are listed below. Before making your purchase, you will be asked to confirm that you have read, understood and accept them.
Here are the conditions and criteria for this policy:
Please see our policy wording for further information.
- This policy is designed to cover you for a one way trip starting in the United Kingdom. The cover will expire once you have arrived at your final destination country.
- You must have unrestricted access to the United Kingdom.
- If repatriation is medically necessary, this will be to the UK.
- We must be able to obtain medical records from your doctor(s) (if necessary from outside the United Kingdom).
- We cover more than 50 medical conditions automatically without additional charge.
- Any pre-existing medical conditions not automatically covered can now be included subject to our online medical questionnaire.
- The policy will not provide cover if any of the following apply to you, a travelling companion, an immediate relative, close business associate or someone upon whom your trip depends (whether they are travelling with you or not):
- You/they were aware of any reason why a trip could be cancelled or curtailed
- You/they were travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner or in order to get medical treatment abroad
- You/they have been diagnosed as having a terminal illness
- You/they were receiving, recovering from, or on a waiting list for inpatient treatment in a hospital or nursing home