All information detailed within is applicable as of 20/09/21 and is subject to change based on the latest COVID-19 risk assessments, we will endeavour to keep clients up to date with the latest information.
The government has announced the latest changes to international travel rules, including a simplified red list and transparent ruling structure. The changes outlined in this article will be effective as of 4am on Monday 4th October 2021.
The traffic light system that filtered countries into green, amber or red lists will no longer be used. In it's place, a single red list of countries that you should not travel to. These countries will have tighter restrictions and a unique set of rules for returning to the UK. It's So Easy Travel Insurance will not be able to provide insurance cover to anyone travelling to a red list country or to a destination where the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office are advising against travel.
Return travel from non-red list countries for fully vaccinated travellers:
If you have been fully vaccinated for at least 14 days under an approved vaccination program in the UK, Europe, US or UK vaccine programme overseas (for example having had two doses of the Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna or Janssen vaccine) from 4am on Monday 4th October:
You do not need to take a pre-departure test, take a day 8 COVID-19 test or quarantine at home for 10 days after you arrive in England.
However, you must:
- Book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test which is taken after arrival in England
- Complete your passenger locator form 48 hours before you arrive in England
- Take a COVID-19 test on the second day after your arrival in England
Return travel for non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers from non-red list countries:
If you are not yet vaccinated, have only received your first dose or if you are not eligible under the fully vaccinated rules above before your return to England from a non-red list country you must:
- Take a pre-departure test within 3 days of your return to England
- Book and pay for a day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 tests
- Complete your passenger locator form 48 hours after you arrive in England
After your arrival in England you must quarantine at home (or in the place you are staying) for 10 days whilst also taking a COVID-19 test on day 2 and day 8.
Rules if you're returning from a red list country:
If you have travelled to a country on the red list, or if your destination joins the red list whilst you are away, you'll need follow the red list quarantine rules on your return. This includes quarantine in a managed hotel and two COVID-19 tests during your stay. Travelling to a red list country will invalidate your It's So Easy Travel Insurance cover, unless we have specifically agreed to your reason for travel.
Before you travel to England, you must:
- Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 3 days before you travel to England, allowing time for a test result
- Book a quarantine hotel package, including 2 COVID-19 tests
- Complete your passenger locator form – any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
Useful links and resources: